Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Joy of the Disabled

By Joshua (Age 11)



I had a nice experience last week to see the joy of Cameroonian kids once again.  Last time it was a distribution of Samaritan’s Purse care packages, but this time it was a graduation day for C.R.C.D.D. students. C.R.C.D.D. is an organization for disabled kids, who are taught and educated mostly in the bible, Jesus’s love, and we think they learn a bit of Math and English.  And for their graduation, they were given prizes.
First they were given a Samaritan’s Purse Bible and then a booklet on how to read the Bible.  Teachers of the disabled kids taught them the importance of reading the Bible and persevering doing so.  The more the teachers told them how awesome the Bible is, the more they got excited.  At one point, they all held up their Bibles and booklets (along with a cube of soap they received).  And repeating after their teacher, they said, “Thank you, Jesus!  Thank you, missionaries!  Thank you, donators!  And thank you, Samaritan’s Purse!”
Walking home that day after the graduation, I realized once again how what people do overseas really does make a difference here in Africa.  I’ve seen the happiness of kids receiving care packages, and I bet right now those disabled kids are looking in a verse similar to John 3: 17
This (you) are my Beloved Child
With whom I am well pleased.

Being here in Cameroon is awesome, and it’s fun to take on a new culture.  I don’t have very many good friends in school, but missionary boys around my age fill in for that.  I’m really looking forward to coming back to America (for a vacation) and especially seeing old friends in Rialto.  But as I wait for that time, I continue to see (like from that experience) that it really is a blessing to be here in Cameroon.  Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment