Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Serving In Bamenda



Life continues on here at a nice relaxed pace.  I finished my last session of Lay Counseling Training for this year.  Next month they will have some testing to complete their 7 month training and a have a party. Then they are able to do counseling with HIV and other individuals in their Parishes.

I so love my work at the Treasure Center working with developmentally and physically challenged children.  Tomorrow I do a staff training on Clinician Self Care, but what I really enjoy is just lovin’ on the kids. I love how their faces light up when they sing and how they take such pride in their work.  I am buying up lots of their beautiful jewelry to bring back to the US.  Last week we pulled out the instruments and made music that only God would enjoy listening too, but we laughed and had such fun. I am learning some Cameroonian praise songs, but the kids really love the ones from the US especially one with motions.
 
 
I think I mentioned that we made it out to see the Hakes (Mission Dr’s) in Njinikom.  It is truly God’s country out there. While touring the hospital with Dr. Jim and Terry, the girls and I got to hold triplets!!!!! The hospital is amazingly well equipment and continues to grow and improve. The grounds are so lovely and the views are incredible. The Hakes are a great couple who have served well for three years with loving hearts and positive attitudes.  



Pete continues to love teaching and he attended the (five hour) Ordination of  8  new priest in Bamenda here at our Cathedral. Tonight he will be giving a seminar to Lay Leaders. Still he finds lots of time to be with the family.

-Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment