Friday, May 24, 2013

Air House

By Joshua Newburn (age 11)



Here in Cameroon I’ve had to give up many things like my soccer team, watching football, and fun projects.  But here’s a fun project that I have thought of to do here in Cameroon.  

We’re (planning to be) building a tree house.  The idea came into my mind when I wanted to make a club with Jessica and Emily.  I thought, Hey, why not build a tree house to have secret meetings in?   

I proposed the idea to mom and dad and the next day they said yes.  I was (and am) very happy they did.
So far we haven’t constructed anything—we’re just planning.  The idea I have is to build the tree house on poles 10 feet or higher up into the air beside the tree.  Then a rope ladder could go from the ground through the bottom of the “air house” into it.  If we have the money and the ability we could take a long plank of wood going from the air house to our tree (the tree is pretty large).  Then we could get into the air house through the rope ladder and the tree.  That’s the big idea.

I’ve talked with many builder-experts who have given us plenty of help, ideas, and suggestions.  One expert, Sas, recommended that we plan to have some sort of bible study in there to glorify God.  I think it’s a very good idea and we plan to include a prayer in our secret-club meetings.  My friends’ dad, Jake, was the one who suggested raising the house into the air using poles.  He also agreed to get us the wood we buy.  These builders really have been a great help to us.

I really want this air house idea to work, so I pray for the structure to be built.  If you, reader, could also pray for the idea, well, 2 prayers (or more) are more likely to get the “yes” answer than 1.  (Kind of like with Jessica and Emily’s help it’s easier to persuade mom and dad!)  

I’m really looking forward to visiting you all in the U.S.  See you all there!     

No comments:

Post a Comment