Thursday, April 23, 2015

Life in Cameroon

(By Emily Newburn, Age 9)



Here in Cameroon, I have learned a lot. I have especially improved on my spelling, grammar and vocabulary. But that’s not the only thing that I learned about. I learned so much about Mathematics and other things that I needed to know about. I have much better handwriting and I have found that I really enjoy learning new things.

Not only have I been learning a lot but I have been enjoying my three years here. I’ll be sad to leave. I will miss family and friends back in the States. I really want to stay here but I also want to be in America. It’s been really exciting being a missionary here.
Don’t worry about me here. It’s not as bad as you may expect but it’s different than in America. A few of reasons why it is different are;

The roads (have a lot of pot holes)

The markets (you can’t get everything that you want in just one store.)

The schools (aren’t quit as nice as American schools.)

The people (different culture, not as many white people, and different way of speaking.)

Those are just a couple of things. There are other things I have not mentioned. Sorry to leave so soon. I’ll try to blog more often.

Love you all.

1 comment: