Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Learning About Bugs by Emily (Age 7)



One day, the Shlinsky kids came to our house. We played a lot of fun games. We were all going to play Monopoly but Josh N. said “There are too many people to play Monopoly. Someone is going to have to leave.”  (Because there were five people-one too many.) “If you want someone to leave, then you leave!”  Jessica said.  Joshua N. was silent. Finally he said “Girls, can the boys just have their own time?” So Jessica and I left them alone.  After a long time, I came back, they weren’t very far into the game and they let me be the banker. But not only the banker, they let me be on Josh S’s team. 

A bit later, Joshua S. said he wanted to play outside. We went down to the gate. We found a special type of plant. On the plant, I saw a little blue bug with little blue wings. If you flipped the blue bug over, you could see a little red bottom. The bugs are easy to catch because they are slow. But if you open your hands, it will fly away. Joshua S. knew all about this bug because he has lived here a long time, but it was all new to me. I am always learning new things here in Cameroon.

No comments:

Post a Comment