Friday, April 13, 2012

Kids at the Mission House


Greetings!  My name is Joshua Newburn and I’m going on a mission trip to Cameroon for three years in about three months.  Before my family and I came to The Mission House (the place that all of the people that are going on a mission stay and prepare to go), I learned that there would be a kid named Joshua Powers that would be staying with my family and all the other people staying here.  At first, I was a bit uneasy around him and his sisters, Madison and Caroline, but after a while, we became more comfortable with each other—I bet I could put a slug in Caroline’s shirt, but I’m not allowed to come into her room.

It’s a cool coincidence that the ages of the Newburn and Powers’ kids are so alike.  Josh (P)’s birthday is March 9, 2001, and mine is March 19, 2002.  Currently, Jessica is 7 and Madison is 8.  Emily and Caroline are both 5.
           
Most of my free time, I spend playing basketball, chess, and piano with Josh.  We’ve been writing this cool love song called My Girl, and I’m dreaming to sell it and have thousands of people silently singing verses of My Girl while listening to the song on their iPod device.  Ah… that would be the life.

You know, I want to write more, but look (↓), the page has almost run out, and right now I’m feeling a feeling to follow the feeling (say that 10 times fast) to go and play a computer game, so bye! 

-       Joshua Newburn

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dr Pere, Anaid from Sacred Heart Rancho Cucamonga. I need to contact you.

    ReplyDelete