Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day Two


Day two in Bamenda was very laid back, but informative.  We learned that a car has been designated for us, so as soon as Pete feels comfortable driving we can get the car. In the meantime we can have a driver take us where we need to go. Pete also met with the vice president of the Seminary and began to talk about what course he might teach. Pete will also be helping in Lay Formation which happens three times a year for one week sessions. 

Tomorrow we will walk down to the market (ten minutes)  with the head cook for the Archbishop and learn our way around.  Apparently we will be eating at the Bishop's house until I feel comfortable cooking on my own.  I told him the food and company was so good at his house it might take me two years to learn how to cook.

The big shocker for me was that Pete asked if he could attend a Parish visitation with the auxillary bishop.  The last one for three months is tomorrow, so Pete leaves for three nights. I am just praying everything goes smoothly while he is gone.

We also learned a bit more about the school's so we think we want to have the kids have some local testing to see where best to place them.  The Private Catholic School is just off the compound.  The easiest choice, but we want to explore our options and the Bishop supports that.

I am also learning that many of the Parish Offices are here so it may be convenient for me to work part time here and get transportation into the community when needed.

We also met two goats and a chicken who live in our common area.  We are a bit nervous of the goats despite being told they are friendly.  They do not have names and will no longer be with us after Christmas, if you know what I mean.

-Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment